An overview is presented of a project in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Thailand to:
- To support communities in raising socially and emotionally healthy kids in refugee/IDPs camps and in host communities.
- To create opportunities for children with disabilities and other vulnerable children (0-12 years old) including children at risk of developmental delays/psychological distress in displacement contexts, to learn and develop safely while having fun.
- Using “play” as key driver to learn and develop safely children’s potential while having fun.
The project was implemented using:
- Existing HI tools (Personalized Social Support, Adapted Physical Activity, etc.)
- Tools piloted in IKEA project (Blue Box, low-cost toy making, inclusive playgrounds, Ideas box)
- Environmental Footprint Assessment across 3 project sites
Monitoring & evaluation was carried out using techniques including
- Scopeo (Sc-ore O-f Pe-rceived O-utcomes) Kids
- Participatory M&E approaches (digital story telling, child-child video interview etc)
Presented at the People at the centre Seminar, Dec 2017