This guidance is designed for UNICEF field staff – including humanitarian field officers, coordinators, specialist and advisors – as well as UNICEF’s partners and others involved in humanitarian work. It provides practical tips and offers entry points for making sure that humanitarian action takes children with disabilities into account. There are 5 other associated guidelines.
Chapters in this general guidance include:
- impact of emergiencies on children and adolescents with disabilities
- why children and adolescents with disabilities are excluded
- frameworks and approaches
- programmatic actions
- response and early recovery
- recovery and reconstruction
- practical tips
UNICEF developed these booklets in collaboration with Handicap International. The guidance was validated in Jordan and Nepal.